Long gone are the days when you stood in never-ending queues to make your electricity bill payment. Now, even in remote villages, several people prefer making their electricity bill payments online for their own convenience. And that’s one of the main reasons you see a plethora of payment apps and websites available at our disposal.
Now that we’re truly spoilt for choices, it is just a matter of our own preference as to which app or website we use for all our payments. If you ask us what the best payment platform is for electricity bill payment, our answer would undoubtedly be, Airtel Payments Bank.
What Is Airtel Payments Bank?
Launched in January 2017, by Bharti Airtel, Airtel Payments Bank is an all-digital bank, introduced by the telecom provider, as an aid to the cashless revolution promised by the Government of India. In an attempt to change the way India banks, Airtel Payments Bank provided almost everything you’d get in a traditional bank account, minus the hassle of physically going to the bank.
Moreover, you can also do your recharges, pay utility bills, and even buy gold via the official Airtel Payments Bank website. This has truly made banking easier for all of us. What’s more? You don’t even need to have a savings bank account with Airtel Payments Bank to use their website for doing your recharge or making your electricity bill payment online. You can pay via any payment method such as debit/credit cards, UPI, etc.
However, it’ll be much more fruitful if you do get a savings account with Airtel Payments Bank as you also get lucrative interest on the amount deposited in it.
What Makes It The Best Platform For Electricity Bill Payment?
Apart from everything mentioned above, there are many more reasons why we love using the Airtel Payments Bank website to pay our electricity bills. Mentioned below are some such reasons:
- No Need To Download An App – You can save on so much storage by paying your bills through their website. No need to download applications that eat up your phone’s storage space.
- Easy User Interface – The UI of their website is so simple that even someone who’s using it for the first time can easily find their way around it.
- Simple Process – Whether it is paying bills or doing recharges, the process for all of it is extremely simple and non-complicated.
- Lucrative Offers – You can avail exciting offers and rewards on almost every bill payment done via Airtel Payments Bank.
- 24×7 Assistance – Airtel Payments Bank offers 24×7 support, be it any query or complaint.
How To Pay Electricity Bill Online Via Airtel Payments Bank?
Let’s get you familiarized with how to pay electricity bills online. Just follow these steps and your electricity bill payment will be done in minutes:
- Go to https://www.airtel.in/bank/ and log in to your account.
- Select the “Electricity bill” icon on the homepage.
- Enter the name of the state you are from.
- Select your biller name from the multiple options available.
- Enter your unique customer number.
- Enter your Billing Unit (BU).
- Click on “Fetch Bill” to see your electricity bill status.
- Now Proceed to pay.
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and proceed with the payment.
That’s it, your electricity bill payment is done!