The credit score is one of the most important financial metrics for an individual. It not only determines the credit worthiness of a person, but also influences the interest rates on loans. In India, the credit information company that’s responsible for credit scores of individuals is CIBIL. That’s why the credit score is also at times referred to as the CIBIL score.
This score is basically a scale that ranges from 300 to 900. The higher the credit score, the higher your credit worthiness and therefore, the higher the chances of you getting a loan approved at attractive interest rates. And since this CIBIL score calculation is used widely by banks and financial institutions for granting credit facilities, it is important to keep track of it.
However, many platforms tend to charge a fee for CIBIL score calculation. But don’t start worrying just yet. There’s a way to check your credit score for free. And that’s what we’re going to be looking at in this article. Let’s begin.
How to Check your Credit Score for Free?
All that you would need to do to get your CIBIL score calculation done for free is follow the steps outlined below.
- Make a visit to the website of CIBIL and click on the ‘Click here to get your Free Annual CIBIL Score and Report online’ link. Scroll down the main webpage for a bit to find this link.
- Once you click the link, you will be redirected to another webpage where you will be asked to enter a few of your personal details such as your name, your email ID, pincode, and mobile number, among others.
- Enter these details and click on the ‘Accept & Continue’ button to proceed towards account creation.
- Upon clicking the button, you will receive an OTP on the mobile number provided by you. Enter the OTP to complete verification of the details submitted by you.
- You will receive an acknowledgement SMS for successful registration and an acknowledgment email as well.
- Upon receiving the acknowledgement, log into the CIBIL website using your user credentials and navigate to the dashboard.
- Here, you can check your CIBIL score calculation and obtain a CIBIL report for free.
See how easy it is to check your credit score for free? That said, here’s something that you should know. The CIBIL website allows registered individuals such as yourselves to check your credit score for free only once each financial year. If you wish to get another CIBIL score calculation done within the same financial year, you will have to opt for a subscription package, which will cost you.
Alternatively, if you wish to check your CIBIL score, you could always head on over to Finserv MARKETS. It is a one-stop solution for all things finance. In addition to getting to know your CIBIL score calculation you can also get to know more about credit scores, their importance, and factors that influence them. So then, what’re you waiting for? Head on over to Finserv MARKETS right now.